A Unique Approach to Wellness
Your health, wellness and satisfaction are my sole concern. You will find that I personalize every interaction we have and that I base every recommendation on your personal needs. When making recommendations, I put as much importance on your lifestyle and emotional needs as I do on your physical needs. For example, if your health could be improved by eliminating a specific food, I will not only explain how the food has been impacting your health and how eliminating the food will improve your health, but will also provide practical tips to minimize your adjustment, will provide substitutions you can use, and will provide coaching every step of the way. I will also go out of my way to identify what your wellness priorities are and will address them in the order you wish.
If desired, I will also review any lab work you have. I will help you interpret the results and will make recommendations of any additional testing that might be beneficial. I am always happy to speak with your MD or any specialists you see to explain why the additional testing may be beneficial. I will review the supplements and prescription medications you are taking to ensure you are not taking anything that should not be taken together. I will also review your dietary profile to make sure you are taking your prescription medications in a manner that ensures the best absorption.
I realize that taking handfuls of pills on a daily basis is far from “natural.” After completing a thorough assessment of your nutritional and systemic needs, I may very carefully recommend very few supplements. I will start by working with you to create dietary and lifestyle changes that will help your body heal itself. I recommend supplements that address more than one nutritional or systemic need at a time so that you take as few supplements as possible. Taking fewer supplements helps protect your liver and kidneys.
My desire is to work with your MD to help you achieve wellness. I will therefore ensure that I do not recommend any supplement that conflicts or has contraindications with any of the prescription pharmaceuticals you take. I also request that you speak with your MD about any supplements you choose to take or lifestyle changes you choose to make. Working together as a three-part team consisting of you, your MD, and me will allow you to achieve wellness more rapidly. I encourage you to ask your MD to contact me with any questions.
Your wellness journey will begin with an initial consultation. After the initial consultation, I typically schedule additional consultations on a monthly or bi-monthly basis as needed. For those not living in Indianapolis, I will conduct consultations via telephone or Skype. Please view the What to Expect page to see more information on what you can expect during a first consultation.
The unique features of the Good Works Wellness Research, LLC practice include the use of:
- A caring, customized approach that ensures you receive recommendations that are suitable for your nutritional, emotional and lifestyle needs
- A whole-life approach that increases wellness by providing physical, emotional and spiritual counseling and coaching
- A thorough assessment of every system in the body to determine specific nutritional needs
- A reading of the iris of the eye (Iridology) to identify potentials for systemic and/or nutritional deficiencies
- Analysis of fingernails, tongue and facial indicators to identify potential nutritional deficiencies or systemic weaknesses
- A sincere desire to work with your mainstream medical practitioners to help you achieve maximum wellness
- A careful selection of recommended supplements that have no interactions with your current prescription medications
- A teamwork philosophy that recognizes you as the most important part of the team and provides counseling and education to help you achieve your wellness goals.
Please feel free to contact me via email or at 317.489.0909 to request more information or to schedule an appointment.