Category Archives: contest
Please note this contest is OVER and is not active. Thanks much.
I was honored ot recently be asked to review Garden of Life’s Raw Fit Organic Protein Powder. I was curious about this product and was therefore thrilled to be able to try it. I was interested in reviewing Raw Fit’s ingredients, taste, and nutrition.
I was so impressed with Raw Fit that I’ve decided bless one lucky reader with a full size container of the flavor of his or her choice. After reading this article, use the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this article to enter the contest. You have several different options for entering, some of which can be completed daily. Good luck!
Please note Garden of Life provided free products to me to use for this review. The receipt of free product was not intended to guarantee a positive review and did not influence my review in any way. Although I very much appreciate the fact Garden of Life sent me a generous selection of samples, I was not compelled in any way to write a positive review. Please also note that some links in this article are affiliate links from which I receive a very small amount of compensation if purchases are made using the links.
Garden of Life is known for only using the very best, often organic, ingredients in their products. I have been a fan of theirs for many years, but often found the products in their “Raw” line tasted horrible. (Just being honest.) I was therefore curious to see how the Raw Fit products would taste. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Raw Fit Organic High-Protein Powders taste wonderful. I was provided Vanilla and Chocolate Cacao flavors, both of which were delicious. Other flavor options include Original and Marley Coffee. Packaging options include a 16-ounce canister and single-serving packets.
Garden of Life markets this product as a “weight loss” product. Although it may be a valid weight loss tool, I feel the ingredients would be better marketed as being helpful with blood sugar control. This product is obviously not a substitute for medical care, but contains several ingredients known to help lower blood sugars and improve insulin resistance. It also contains ingredients known to help lower cortisol levels and help the body adjust to internal and external stressors.
Heavy Metal Accusations
I want to comment about reports in 2014 stating Garden of Life’s protein powders contained high levels of heavy metals. Garden of Life worked with other organic protein powder manufacturers to find better sources for the brown rice protein used in their products. The companies reached an agreement to create an industry standard to limit the amount of heavy metals contained in protein products. The levels are extremely low, so I’m confident their products are safe to consume. It is impossible to avoid heavy metal contamination in food due to environmental contaminants. I am comfortable using this product. I tested heavy metal levels in my body using an electrodermal scan unit before and after consuming one daily serving of this product for one week. There was no rise in heavy metal levels in my body. It is nice to note that one source of protein used in this product – chlorella – is also known to help the body eliminate heavy metals.
Raw Fit Organic High Protein powder has an impressive array of ingredients and nutrition.
The label shown at left is for the unflavored version of Raw Fit Organic High Protein powder. Working from the top of the label down, the product contains:
- 170 calories
- 1 gram of fat
- Very little sodium (25 g) and no added sodium
- 180 mg of potassium – Please note you may not need to take a potassium supplement if using this product on a daily basis
- Only 12 grams of carbohydrates. Since 15 grams is considered a serving of carbs, this is a very small amount of carbs
- 28 grams of protein – almost two full servings.
- 1000 IU of Vitamin D
- 340 mg of Magnesium – If you are taking a magnesium supplement, you may need to reduce your dosage if you use this product every day
- The sprouted protein blend has a varied blend of sprouted seeds, vegetables and grains. (It is gluten-free.) The sprouted grains are much more easily absorbed.
- Weight loss and stress management blend – A blend of a specialized decaffeinated Green Coffee Bean Extract and Ashwaganda root. Although I’m not a fan of mainstream Green Coffee Bean Extract due to its overuse and abuse (click the link for more information), I’m comfortable with the form used in this product, especially since it is organic and decaffeinated.
- Glucose management blend – A blend of herbs known to assist with blood sugar management and insulin sensitivity.
- Probiotic and Enzyme blend
Pros and Cons
Following is an overview of potentially positive and negative features of Raw Fit Organic High Protein Powder:
I will use this product again. I consider the potential “cons” to be very minor compared to the high quality ingredients used, high protein content and other benefits. I can’t wait to try the other flavors! When using these powders, I recommend using a shaker bottle or blender to blend the powder into water or a milk substitute. If you try a container, please let me know what you think!
One lucky reader can win a container of the flavor of his or her choice using the Rafflecopter widget that follows. Good luck!
Win a Container of Garden of Life Raw Fit High Protein for Yourself!
I was so pleased with Garden of Life’s Raw Fit High Protein food that I decided to give away a container to one lucky reader. Please note I am not giving away one of the free containers I received. I will order the flavor of your choice and have it shipped directly to you. Feel free to use the Rafflecopter widget that follows to enter as many times as possible.
I was honored to be selected to share a preview of the 2014 Indiana Artisan Marketplace that will be held March 29-30 in the Expo Hall at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. I am also very excited to be giving away one set of two free tickets and one free single ticket to the event. Use the Rafflecopter widget shared below to enter. Please note that this is a quickie give-away. Entries must be received before Tuesday, March 25 at 10 pm so I can mail the tickets to the winner in time.
I don’t promote many events, so here’s a list of reasons I chose to promote the Indiana Artisan Marketplace:
- It features over 150 local artisans who live and work in Indiana and Kentucky.
- It is low priced ($10 per ticket with free entry for children aged 14 and under) with booths that will appeal to the entire family.
- It is a juried show, meaning artisans must apply to exhibit. All artisans submit samples of their work to a panel of judges as part of the jurying process. Only artisans providing the highest quality handmade goods are selected to participate.
- It has one of the broadest variety of handmade foods, jewelry, clothing, metalwork, pottery, household goods, woodwork, decorations, instruments and other wares I’ve ever seen.
- It’s in a location that’s easy to access and which has ample parking.
- It is a show the artists respect more than any other.
Here are details about the show:
Dates: March 29-30, 2014
Times: Saturday, March 29, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, March 30, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: The Exposition Hall at the Indiana State Fairgrounds
Tickets: $10 at the door, 14 and younger admitted free
Here are a few of the artists whose booths I cannot wait to visit:
- Kris Busch, Functional Ceramics: Amazing creations of uniquely glazed handmade pottery fountains, dishes, vases and more.
- Brian Paffen, Herbal Art: All-natural handmade soaps, candles, skin care, pet products and more. Healthy, green options for the whole family.
- Judy Schad, Capriolet Goat Cheese: All-natural handmade goat cheese with a wide diversity of varieties.
- Sylvia Gray: Surface design and hand painted silk scarves.
- Brooke Schmidt and Dana Vicars, Brooke’s Candy Company: Handmade candies, fudge and more. All gluten-free and all-natural.
- Ryan Hoffar, Mister Flakes: Elaborately cut artistic paper designs. So much more than a snowflake!
The artists shown above are a very small sampling of the many artists who will be exhibiting during the show. Whether you’re looking for handmade guitars, beautiful jackets made from hand-spun wool, healthy fermented veggies, metallic sculpture, or a multitude of other handmade works of art, this show is for you! Best of all, the treasures you take home will support local artisans.
To win tickets, please complete the Rafflecopter entries shared below. Complete the required entry to gain access to others. Have fun entering. I will email the winner as soon as I receive notice of and verify the winning entry.
This contest is now over. Please do not add additional comments, as they will not count. Thanks much! Have a glorious day!
I am a huge fan of Tropical Traditions’ Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and their many other organic products. Having been a customer for many years, I have consistently found their products and their customer service to be superior to that of other companies’. I am excited to partner with them to offer my readers a chance to win a GALLON of organic virgin coconut oil. I listed the ways to enter later in this post.
Tropical Traditions‘ Gold Label Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is the best I’ve found. I have yet to find another brand whose quality, sustainability and free trade philosophies even come close to theirs. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a staple in our house. We buy it by the gallon and use it for far more than cooking. Please visit the Tropical Traditions website if you would like to learn more about their organic coconut oils and other organic products.
I have many reasons to love Tropical Traditions’ products. They use the finest processing available and are very committed to providing healthy, natural foods ethically and at an affordable cost. The company not only sells Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, but also sells:
- Grass Fed Ground Beef (which is also corn and soy-free)
- Organic, Soy-Free Eggs
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup and Organic Raw Honey
- Natural Pet Shampoo (and other pet products)
- Non-Toxic Household Cleaner, Natural Dish Liquid and other household products
- Coconut Soap, which is biodegradable, very environmentally friendly and will lather in any type of water
- A multitude of other products. Visit the Tropical Traditions Home Page to see all the products they offer
You can enter this contest in six different ways. Note that the only way your entries will be counted is if you post a separate comment for each entry. You may also share one additional tweet and/or one additional Facebook share of this page each day during the contest. (I have a variety of reasons for not using Rafflecopter and apologize to those of you who find this method of gaining entries more cumbersome.)
Please note you MUST enter a new comment for every entry – including a new comment
for every retweet or Facebook share.
Selection of winner is completely automated. You must add a separate comment for each entry activity. (I’ve said that three times in a row … is it sinking in? The only entries that count are those for which you leave a comment.) Contest ends Friday, August 2 at midnight EST.
To select the winner, I am using a WordPress plugin called And the Winner Is written by @spencersokol who resides in the great state of Indiana. The plugin only pays attention to comments made on this blog post, so be sure to add a separate comment for each entry. Please also note I will verify all entries.
You can earn an entry into the contest by doing any of the following. Please feel free to use the share buttons at the top of the post to simplify entries:
- Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter
- Join my newsletter
- Like my Facebook Page: Good Works Wellness
- Follow me on Twitter: @IndyHealer
- Share the link to this post on Facebook using the hashtag #gwwr. (You may share one entry daily. Be sure to post a comment after posting it.)
- Tweet about this contest using the following text: I just entered @IndyHealer’s contest to win a jar of @TropTraditions coconut oil! http://ow.ly/n3Z55 RT to enter! #gwwr (And then enter a comment below. You may retweet this once per day.)
More information about Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil and their philosophies
Win 1 gallon of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil and other oils. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.
Disclaimer: I was under no obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway of this product. Please also note that if you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.