How to Tell You Need to Detoxify
It cannot be denied we are surrounded by toxins. They are in the air we breathe, our tap water, our food supply, our clothing, and even our thoughts. Our body constantly works to remove these toxins and cleanse itself, but it sometimes needs help. This series of articles focuses on detoxification and cleansing of body, mind and spirit. This post shares a few signs your body uses to get our attention and convince us it’s time to detoxify. Future posts will focus on a variety of ways to detoxify your organs and body systems.
The following 20 signs are indicators you may benefit from a detoxification program. Keep track of how many of these statements you agree with:
- You have chronic skin challenges such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- You have areas of skin that have darkened
- You have pain in the upper-right section of your abdomen, under your bottom rib
- Your tongue has a thick white, yellow or green coating
- You have frequent headaches
- You have frequent sinus congestion
- You get sick frequently
- You suffer from depression or anxiety
- You exercise and eat well but can’t lose weight
- You have “brain fog” and often find it difficult to concentrate
- You are irritable or have frequent mood swings
- You have body odor, stinky feet, bad breath, foul smelling urine and bowel movements, etc.
- You get frequent canker sores
- You feel tired all the time
- You do not have at least one bowel movement daily
- You have more than four bowel movements daily
- You have frequent gas, bloating, belching, etc.
- You have food cravings and/or food allergies
- Your joints ache frequently
- You experience frequent edema (water retention) in your face, hands, legs, feet, etc.
- You have back pain unrelated to activity
How did you score? If you agreed with five or more of the statements shared above, a detoxification program may be wise.
Let me also say that excess toxicity is not the only thing that can cause the symptoms shared above. If you are experiencing multiple health challenges, it is an indicator you need to find a health practitioner who will work with you to identify and address the causes of your symptoms. Helping your body heal itself is a task that should be your top priority.
Graphic shared courtesy of Andreas Solberg but is not an indicator of his endorsement of this site or its content.
Latest posts by Dr. Pamela Reilly (see all)
- Plant Collagen Builder by mykind Organics - November 30, 2016
- Whole Food Magnesium! - November 30, 2016
- Are These Garden of LIfe Probiotics Worth the Cost? - April 30, 2016